5.15.2013

I want to be somebody for Him!

            I desire to be the best me for Him! I want to walk in His ways, I want my wants and desires to match His desires. So how exactly is that possible? In a world that lives for pleasing "self" and seeking approval based on the latest commercial or what the hottest celebrity believes in. People are striving to be more like their idols then follow Christ. I can admit that I have been there. Loving the latest CD by a popular artist of the time, wanting to relate my style in that manner as well. Was that truly me selecting music, the clothes, the slang of my vernacular or was that the world telling me what to do? We all must come to a point in our lives where we truly seek Him for the way we want to run our lives.

          We may say we are "independent" people that can think for ourselves. But if we are truly independent we should spend more time questioning the thoughts and actions of what the world is feeding us. What do we watch, listen to or even wear and why do we do it? Is it our quest for approval and feeling "apart" of something that we chase the things of this world to feel valuable. With Christ our freedom is being dependent on Him to find our independence from the world.Personally in my life when I think about completing my degree and wanting to be "somebody" in the world.

            I now find myself analyzing my motives for success. Who defined my perception of success? Was it me or my worldly view of success? How do you even define success anyway? Is it being a millionaire or is it raising children towards the values of Christ hoping that they change the world like He did? When you truly look at who Jesus is and His purpose in his life you acknowledge that his life was about service with sacrifice. That was His success in His Father's eyes. So when we want to be "somebody" in this world we must look for ways to serve and make sacrifice to please the Father. For that's are reasonable service. This is the very reason Jesus was sent into this world. If we call ourselves Christians this is what we should desire. Our very being should want to reflect Him daily. We should be Mirrored Images reflecting His service, His sacrifice, His love, His forgiveness, His truth, His wisdom and above all His word.

So I challenge you as I challenge myself, lets be "somebody" for Christ. Let's put away the worldly competition of desiring the American Worldview of success. Let's focus our lives on the Word not the World.

Romans 12:1-2 MSG

"So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment